Wednesday, January 30, 2013
She is survived by her children Warren, Karyn, Janice, Brenda and Warren; siblings, Esther, Gordon, Vernon, Gert and Sonny and nieces and nephews.
Memorial Service on Saturday, February 2 at 1:00 p.m. at Centre for Spiritual Living, 10580 - 113 Street, Edmonton. In lieu of flowers, donations would be appreciated. Please send to Norwood Palliative Care at 10410 - 111 Avenue, Edmonton, AB, T5G 3A2.
Submitted by past Governor Keivin Wallace
Saturday, January 19, 2013
This is a great project for our youth, a chance for a scholarship of $2500 and a District plaque. I have already received some excellent Essays from Youth and look forward to the rest. The District Contest Deadline is February 28th. Please submit your clubs winning essay along with the completed forms and District Entry fee payable to the "AMS & NW District".
Topic: "How Can I Help My Friends Realize Their Value"
Who: Youth under the age of 19 who have not yet graduated from high school or the equivalent.
How To Enter: Interested students must contact their local Optimist Club.
- All Club-level contests are held by early February. Student submissions will not be accepted after the Club-level contests have closed. Please contact your District Chair ( Brian Wallace 780-487-6241, firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- District Competition - Winners of Club contests are submitted to the District Essay Competition Chair for inclusion in this contest. The District Contest Deadline is February 28th. Please submit your clubs wiining essay along with the completed forms and District Entry fee payable to the AMS & NW District Judging normally occurs in March or April.
Essay Contest Quick Links:
Application form with contest rules - The application must be submitted to the sponsoring Optimist Club.
Club Information for this years contest
The Essay Contest is sponsored by Optimist International to give young people the opportunity to write about their own opinions regarding the world in which they live. In additional to developing skills for written expression, participants also have the opportunity to win a college scholarship!
2nd Quarter District Conference in High River: If you have already held a contest, GREAT!, I will be accepting your winning Club Entry. If not I will be holding a workshop at the conference. The Essay Contest is one of the easiest programs to operate, takes as little as a couple hours to complete at a minimal cost.
Please contact your District Chair (Brian Wallace, telephone 780-487-6241, email email@example.com) for more information. Additional details are available at:
or e-mail the Programs Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AMS & NW District
Internet Safety & Essay Program Chair 2012 -2013
Thursday, January 17, 2013
Create some competition from within to bring in new members and get them started ASAP in PGI it's a great way to add some spice to your club and a way to encourage growth from within.
Drop me a line for more information.
- Registration: If you haven’t registered, but plan to attend, Pat (email@example.com) would like to hear from you so that we can plan meals. We would particularly like to hear from the LGs and Committee Chairs who are not yet on the list!
- Registration Form
- Hotel: The hotel has some rooms left, but will be releasing the unclaimed rooms next week. Please book ASAP. Details are on the attached registration form.
- Friday Theme: Show your Hearts for the Kids while enjoying some great hot and cold hors d’oeuvres.
- Companions Program: Not yet finalized, but the options being considered will be fun.
- Kids Program: We are disappointed to report that no one has expressed interest. There will be no kids program.